Some of the errors messages displayed on the screen are:
1. Outlook.pst inaccessible
2. Error 0x8004011
3. Client Error: 0x80040600
4. Fatal Error: 80040900
5. An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040116
6. An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040119
7. An unknown error has occurred. 0X80040600e
Causes for Outlook PST error are:
1. Outlook PST file may corrupt due to incorrect synchronization process
2. Virus infection may cause Outlook PST file inaccessible
3. Hard drive corruption, Windows 8 OS reinstallation / crash, improper up-gradation of Outlook application may cause Outlook 2010 PST file corruption
4. If the file size get exceed then it may result file corruption.
Manual methods to rectify the errors are:
To locate PST Repair Tool follows the given steps:-
Go To Start and Open Control Panel.
In next step select User Accounts option. It will appears “User Accounts” windows.
Click over Mail icon and select The Mail Setup. Outlook dialog box will appears.
In Outlook dialog box Select the Data Files button.
Now select Personal Folder and Click on the Settings button.
In this step Copy the location in the File Name Field to access the PST file.
The above mentioned steps will easily locate scanpst.exe and get the exact location of the affected PST files. After locating scanpst.exe user can easily recover their corrupted PST files by following the following steps:-
Start Windows Explorer
Type the required path in the Address bar- %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\
Click on Go button.
Find the tool and double-click on it to open.
Browse for the affected PST file and click on Start button to scan.
In this step, follow the screen instruction to repair corrupted files of MS Outlook.