Errors messages for Outlook 2010 displayed on the screen are:
1. Fatal Error: 80040900
2. An unknown error has occurred. 0X80040600e
3. Client Error: 0x80040600
4. Outlook.pst inaccessible
5. An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040116
Causes for Outlook PST error are:
1. Incorrect synchronization process
2. Virus infection
3. Hard Disk Drive corruption
4. Windows 10 OS reinstallation / crash
5. Improper up-gradation of Outlook application
6. If the file size get exceed then it may result in file corruption.
Manual methods to rectify the errors are:
To locate PST Repair Tool follows the given steps:-
1. Go to Start button and Open Control Panel.
2. Select User Accounts option. “User Accounts” window will appear.
3. Click over Mail icon and select The Mail Setup. Outlook dialog box will appears.
4. In Outlook dialog box Select the Data Files button.
5. Now select Personal Folder and Click on the Settings button.
6. Copy the location in the File Name Field to access the PST file.
The above given steps will easily locate scanpst.exe and get the exact location of the affected PST files. After locating scanpst.exe user can easily recover their corrupted PST files by following the following steps:-
1. Start Windows Explorer
2.Type the required path in the Address bar- %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\
3. Click on Go button.
4. Search the tool and double click on it.
5. Browse the affected PST file and click on Start button to scan.
6. Now follow the screen instruction to repair corrupted files of MS Outlook.